Due to the rather broad spectrum of topics within the IMPRS, the curriculum consists of a core curriculum to be attended by all students and a variety of more specialized lectures and courses. The heart of our teaching program certainly is the Ringvorlesung. Each semester the Ringvorlesung focuses on one field and is usually delivered by three scientific members of the IMPRS who introduce three different approaches and visions within this field.
IMPRS Ringvorlesung "Geometry and Dynamical Systems"
- Time and location lecture: Tuesday 13:15 - 14:45, MPI MiS E1 05
- Lecturer: T. Eisner, H.B. Rademacher, M. Schwarz
- Time and location tutorial: Thursday 09:00 - 11:00, MPI MiS A3 02
- Tutor: Enno Keßler
- Target audience: MSc students, PhD students, Postdocs
- Content (Keywords): Ergodicity, Recurrence, ergodic theorems, Geodesic ow, Riemannian metrics, curvature, Hamiltonian systems, stability, symplectic form
- Videos from all lectures: Every lecture will be recorded and can be viewed later. For more info, streaming and download see the media WWW page at the MPI MIS.
- Slides from the lectures by T. Eisner.
- T. Eisner: Ergodic theory (5 lectures, 4.4. - 25.4.)
- H. B. Rademacher: Geodesic flow on Riemannian manifolds (9.5. - 30.5.)
- M. Schwarz: Hamiltonian systems and symplectic geometry (6.6. - 4.7.)