Profile of the graduate school
The International Max Planck Research School Mathematics in the Sciences (IMPRS MiS) is a joint activity of three institutes of Leipzig University - Institute of Mathematics, Institute of Computer Science and Institute of Theoretical Physics - and the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences. It leads interested graduate students towards research problems in physical and life sciences. This involves a broad range of mathematical fields and disciplines. Find out more about the research profile in our research description.
Founded in 2005, the IMPRS MiS has grown to a prestigious graduate school in mathematical sciences. Up to now, more than 100 students have finished their PhD studies successfully, many of them stayed in science and entered postdoc positions at prestigious places all over the world, some of them have already been promoted to professors. Learn more about our Alumni.
Graduate Program Summary
- 3 year appointments
- Payment based on the Collective Wage Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD) corresponding to 65 percent of Pay Group 13.
- No tuition fees, no teaching duties
- Mentorship from world class faculty at MPI MIS and University of Leipzig
- Career enhancement workshops, advanced lecture courses
- Funding for travel and research
- German language courses are provided
- Special support for families and in solving child-care issues
- We hire twice a year; application deadlines: May 01 and December 01; details on our application page.