Due to the rather broad spectrum of topics within the IMPRS, the curriculum consists of a core curriculum to be attended by all students and a variety of more specialized lectures and courses. The heart of our teaching program certainly is the Ringvorlesung. Each semester the Ringvorlesung focuses on one field and is usually delivered by scientific members of the IMPRS who introduce different approaches and visions within this field.
- Date and Time Lectures: Tuesday, Time: 10:15 - 11:45
- Date and Time Exercises: Thursday, Time: 15:30 - 17:00
- Location: MPI MiS G3 10
- Speakers: Felix Otto, Peter Stadler (lectures), Tobias Ried (exercises)
- Videos from all lectures: Every lecture will be recorded and can be viewed later. For more info, streaming and download see the media WWW page at the MPI MIS.
- Target audience: MSc students, PhD students, Postdocs
- Felix Otto: Gradient Flow
- Date Lectures: 02.04., 09.04., 16.04., 23.04., 30.04.
- Date Exercises: 04.04., 11.04., 18.04., 25.04., 02.05.
- Peter Stadler: Discrete Structures -- with an emphasis on models from chemistry and biology
- Date: 14.05., 21.05., 04.06., 18.06.
- Exercise classes:tba
- Student lectures
- 25.06.: Orlando Marigliano: "The small linear covariance model: Statistics with only one data point"
- 02.07. and 04.07. (exercises): Christoph Eikemeier: "Primes in arithmetic progressions"
- 09.07. and 11.07. (exercises): Zach Adams: "Drift-diffusion limits in models of chemotaxis"