Due to the rather broad spectrum of topics within the IMPRS, the curriculum consists of a core curriculum to be attended by all students and a variety of more specialized lectures and courses. The heart of our teaching program certainly is the Ringvorlesung. Each semester the Ringvorlesung focuses on one field and is usually delivered by scientific members of the IMPRS who introduce different approaches and visions within this field.
- Lecturer: Noémie Combe, Jürgen Jost, Jonas Hirsch
- Date: see schedule
- Time: 13.30 - 15.00
- Room: Videobroadcast. Please contact Jörg Lehnert by email to get the link.
- Videos from all lectures: Every lecture will be recorded and can be viewed later. For more info, streaming and download see the media WWW page at the MPI MIS. CAUTION: If you don't want to be recorded, make sure to turn your video off.
- Audience: IMPRS students (mandatory in their first year), Phd students, postdocs
Topics and Schedule
- Topic: A journey in the world of geometry and algebra
- Dates: 03.11., 10.11., 17.11. 24.11.
- 01.12.: Riemannian geometry and theoretical physics
- 08.12.: Information geometry and statistics
- 15.12.: The concept of curvature and network analysis
- 22.12.: Metric geometry and machine learning
- Topic: Classical minimal surfaces and their genus
- 05.01., 19.01., 26.01., 02.02.
- see the lectures notes