Due to the rather broad spectrum of topics within the IMPRS, the curriculum consists of a core curriculum to be attended by all students and a variety of more specialized lectures and courses. The heart of our teaching program certainly is the Ringvorlesung. Each semester the Ringvorlesung focuses on one field and is usually delivered by three scientific members of the IMPRS who introduce three different approaches and visions within this field.
IMPRS Ringvorlesung "Discrete Structures"
- Time and location Lectures: Tuesday 13:30 - 15:00, room G3 10 (MPI MiS)
- Lecturer: Peter F. Stadler, Jürgen Jost, Tobias Fritz
- Time and location Tutorials: Thursday 10:00 - 11:00, room A3 02 (MPI MiS)
- Tutors: Tat Dat Tran, Julian Hofrichter
- Target audience: PhD students
- Content (Keywords): Discrete Optimization, Graphs, Simplicial Complexes, Algebraic Topology, Combinatorial Geometry
- Videos from all lectures: Every lecture will be recorded and can be viewed later. For more info, streaming and download see the media WWW page at the MPI MIS.
- Discrete Optimization:
- Lecturer: Peter F. Stadler
- Dates: 07.04., 12.04., 19.04., 26.04., 03.05.
- Graphs and Simplicial Complexes, Algebraic Topology:
- Lecturer: Jürgen Jost
- Dates 10.05., 17.05., 24.05., 31.05.
- Combinatorial Geometry:
- Lecturer: Tobias Fritz
- Dates: 07.06., 14.06., 21.06., 28.06., 05.07.