Welcome to the IMPRS
The International Max Planck Research School Mathematics in the Sciences, supported by the Klaus Tschira Stiftung, Germany, offers PhD fellowships for qualified students with an excellent background in mathematics or related fields.
The International Max Planck Research School Mathematics in the Sciences (Leipzig) is a cooperation of the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences and the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, the Department of Physics and the Research Academy of the University of Leipzig.
It leads interested graduate students towards research problems in the physical and life sciences. This involves a broad range of mathematical fields, including geometry, partial differential equations and functional analysis, stochastics, and discrete mathematics. Research topics of the scientific members are in the areas of:
- Partial Differential Equations and Materials Science
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Riemannian and Symplectic Geometry and Hamiltonian Systems
- Quantum Field Theory, Particle Physics
- Geometric and Functional Analytic Methods in Mathematical Physics
- Stochastic Processes, Many Particle Systems
- Complex Systems in Evolutionary Processes and Neurobiology
The fellowships will include a generous stipend, and there will be no tuition fees. Teaching will be in English. In addition, German language courses will be provided free of charge.
- 12.02.2016, 11:00, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Vincent Feuvrier:
Minimal sets in Riemannian manifolds (see abstract)
- 22.02.2016, 14:00, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Richard McElreath:
The coevolution of selfish memes and human psychology (see abstract)
- 10.03.2016, 15:15, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Paul Gassiat:
- 14.03.2016, 17:00, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Wolfgang Spohn:
A Guided Tour through the Cosmos of Ranking Theory (see abstract)
- 29.03.2016, 15:15, room: Universität Leipzig, Augusteum - Felix-Klein-Hörsaal, Benedikt Wirth:
- 05.04.2016, 15:15, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Arnd Scheel:
- 12.04.2016, 15:15, room: Universität Leipzig, Augusteum - Felix-Klein-Hörsaal, Sandra Kabisch:
- 03.05.2016, 15:15, room: A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR), Leonid Berlyand: